Inconsistent list of inactive ports with "port list inactive" command

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Wed Apr 7 09:26:45 PDT 2010

> If there is a bug, it's that the commands are somewhat confusing.
Yep, they are.

> the output of 'port list inactive' is correct (although not very useful) if you understand the port command syntax.
You can say that again: "not very useful"! :)
Where is the point to list the inactive versions using said command and you still get the installed version?!

I do NOT understand why the port command does it this way. It renders this command useless if you want to get a list of inactive installs.
But well, I guess one simply has to accept and use the workaround. :)