PMA Errors

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 11:20:18 PDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 10:07 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>wrote:

> On Aug 18, 2010, at 13:03, Jasper Frumau wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> >
> >> ":q!" looks familiar as the command you would use to exit vi(m) without
> saving. Perhaps you somehow managed to insert that into your phpmyadmin
> config file, or another phpmyadmin file you edited. You could grep
> recursively in your document root for ":q!" and see what turns up.
> >
> > Good call. Not good at grep just yet. Tried:
> > jaspersmbp:www jasper$ grep -r "q!"
> > -bash: !": event not found
> > jaspersmbp:www jasper$ grep -r 'q!'
> > grep: warning: recursive search of stdin
> > ^C
> >  which did not work. Still playing with it...
>
> I guess "!" has special meaning. You could try:
>
> grep -r -- ':q!' .
>
> (where "." is the directory you want to search)

Thank!

jaspersmbp:www jasper$ grep -r -- ':q!' phpmyadmin
phpmyadmin/config.inc.php:??5:q!
jaspersmbp:www jasper$ cd phpmyadmin
jaspersmbp:phpmyadmin jasper$ sudo vim config.inc.php

Found the culprit as you expected. Did not exit properly using vim. All good
now. Thanks a lot Ryan! So I guess "--" makes grep look for ! instead of
using its special meaning?