latex packages and ports

Thomas Weiss thomas.weiss at s2001.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Aug 19 10:49:51 PDT 2010

Am 19.08.2010 um 19:07 schrieb Scott Webster:

> I'm not sure if Thomas is just suggesting to install the packages (or
> all of texlive?) outside of Macports?

I'm tanlking only about the packages. I suppose except for the installing method the macports texlive is standard. So there should be a texmf directory where all packages are installed to. If you configure tlmgr to update and install to your local texmf tree you could install your missing/needed packages and use the native update function. If you want to uninstall you just have to uninstall the port and delete the local texmf tree.

>  Presumably that would work, and
> you could just put the packages somewhere on your tex path somewhere

Use the local tree. That's why it exists.

Greetings
Thomas