Can't import GDAL into Python (2.5 or 2.6)

JP Glutting jpglutting at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 07:19:44 PDT 2010

Hi Vincent,

That didn't seem to resolve the problem, but i am not sure I installed everything properly. I am a little out of my depth as far as the ins-and-outs of Macports packages go. Maybe someone else can give it a try and see if it works for them (if they have the problem - since no one else seemed to have this problem here, maybe there is just something messed up with my configuration).

I tried rebuilding and installing gdal with the -f flag to force it to overwrite, but it still didn't leave anything in the site-packages directory.

Also, was the patch supposed to have a "." at the end of it? I took it off, and it overwrote the existing patch file, but that may have been a mistake.

In any case, I do have GDAL installed and working in the Apple version of Python (Thanks KyngChaos!), so I don't need to get this to work urgently (in any case, I could copy back the relevant files). I can wait for the newer version next week, especially since it does not seem to be a general problem.

Thanks for your help,

JP