Where is the settings for a Port program put in?

James Hozier guitarscn1 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 06:39:14 PDT 2010

That Portfile is where I got my information from. I want to know where
it stored the Portfile information into. In the Portfile all it says is
the name, description, download locations, checksums, etc. of the port
and then the options:

configure.env   COPY_DIRECTORY=tar
configure.args  --with-default-server=irc.freenode.net \
    --mandir=${prefix}/share/man \
    --enable-ipv6

Followed by the livecheck of whatever. For that second line
"configure.args  --with-default-server=irc.freenode.net"
I want to know where that information is stored and how to change it
the way the Ports changed it when it first installed on my system