testing p5-bar that is a depndency of p5-foo

Mark E. Perkins mep1 at sixshooterpeaks.net
Sat Dec 4 11:06:25 PST 2010

Greetings. I'm bringing up a new system and decided to give MacPorts a go
for package management. I use quite a few Perl modules, and I always run
the included test suite when I install a new module. It's nice that
MacPorts provides 'port -v test p5-foo' to run the test suite and show me
the results. But if p5-foo depends on p5-bar (which is built and installed
before building p5-foo), the test suite for p5-bar is not run with that
command.

Is there a way to run the 'test' phase on p5-bar "automatically" before
moving on to p5-foo?  Or must I always sort out the dependencies (e.g., via
'port -vy') and run the tests of dependent modules by hand?

Thanks,
Mark