ERROR: 1004 Can't create file '/var/tmp/#sqlcf9_1_0.frm' (errno: 9)

Sebastian Wojtowicz trust.sebastian at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 5 04:13:46 PST 2010

Thx, I'm further now through:

sudo chown -R mysql:mysql /opt/local/var/db/mysql5
sudo chmod u+rwx,go= /opt/local/var/db/mysql5

But now I can't set the password. Is this related to the initial problem ?

I started mysql...
sudo /opt/local/share/mysql5/mysql/mysql.server start

and now I struggle with...
allisones-mac:~ Allisone$ sudo /opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin/mysqladmin -u root
password 'new-password'
/opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost'
failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'

or
allisones-mac:~ Allisone$ sudo /opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin/mysqladmin -u root
password 'new-password'
/opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost'
failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'
allisones-mac:~ Allisone$ sudo /opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin/mysqladmin -u root
-h allisones-mac.fritz.box password 'new-password'
/opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at
'allisones-mac.fritz.box' failed
error: 'Host 'localhost' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server'

I remember this steps to be straight forward, what is happening now that
this doesn't work out of the box ?