installing kile-devel on mac os 10.6.5

Thomas Schneider th42sch at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 7 01:07:38 PST 2010

Hi David,

On 07.12.2010, at 02:22, David Rappoport wrote:

> Finally trying to run kile I get the following error (without sudo no error but does not run either)
>
> # sudo /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/kile.app/Contents/MacOS/kile
> Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!

What excactly happens if you invoke kile without sudo? Are you getting any other errors or warnings? I recently had problems because I previously tried to install kile via another package manager, fink, and there were unexpected interferences. I could solve the problem with the help of people on this list, who interpreted the other messages correctly. See the following thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/macports-users@lists.macosforge.org/msg22130.html
http://old.nabble.com/kile-devel-doesn%27t-start-td30323923.html

Hope this helps

Thomas