yelp will not install

Keith J. Schultz keithjschultz at web.de
Sat Dec 11 14:57:22 PST 2010

Hi All,

Something strange happened.

I had gnome installed via macports.

I wanted to look at the docs for gnome. They are in docbook format. So I decided to install yelp!

When I executed sudo port install yelp
port started installing a lot of port that where already installed as universals. Then it first computed the dependancies for
yelp and said it can not install yelp because there is no i386 version of nss!

1) I did not ask for a yelp+universal in the first place!
2) yelps port file must be hosed!

question does it hurt to have the universals installed. if so what is the best method to get rid of them?

regards
	Keith