yelp will not install

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sat Dec 11 16:04:20 PST 2010

On Dec 11, 2010, at 6:57 PM, Keith J. Schultz wrote:

> quayjay$ sudo port -v install yelp
> Password:
> --->  Computing dependencies for yelp...
> Error: Cannot install xulrunner for the arch(s) 'i386' because
> Error: its dependency nss does not build for the required arch(s) by default
> Error: and does not have a universal variant.
> Error: Unable to execute port: architecture mismatch
> To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
>
> sudo port -v install yelp +universal
> --->  Computing dependencies for yelp...
> Error: Cannot install xulrunner for the arch(s) 'i386' because
> Error: its dependency nss does not build for the required arch(s) by default
> Error: and does not have a universal variant.
> Error: Unable to execute port: architecture mismatch
> To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

oh so it's xulrunner (and not yelp) that is causing the problem for you.

xulrunner looks like it only builds 32bit for some reason.

I think doing 'sudo port -v install yelp +universal --enforce-variants' will probably work to get port to (re)build all of the ports as universal for you.

--
Daniel J. Luke