qt3-mac fails to build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Dec 12 13:09:09 PST 2010

On Dec 12, 2010, at 14:02, Lenore Horner wrote:

> I'm trying to install k3dsurf which depends on qt3-mac on a MacBook running 10.6.5 with Xcode 3.2.2.  The install failed on qt3-mac.  I think the point of failure is this (from the log):
>
> /opt/local/lib/libqt-mt.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
>
> I did not drag MacPorts from another system or upgrade the OS.  I don't know why the wrong architecture would exist.  I have qt3 installed.  Is this a conflict between qt3 and qt3-mac?

According to...

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/14873

...having qt3-mac installed and active will prevent qt3 from building. It's certainly possible, then, that having qt3 installed and active will prevent qt3-mac from building. Try deactivating qt3, cleaning qt3-mac, then trying to build qt3-mac again.