Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Dec 19 20:45:48 PST 2010

On Dec 19, 2010, at 18:12, dgentry at localbusinesswebsites.com wrote:

> I updated my MacPorts version, and I installed the latest community version of Mysql.
>
> I received the following message when I updated MacPorts:
>
> "A startup item has been generated that will aid in starting mysql5-server with launchd.  It is disabled by default.  Execute the following command to start it, and to cause it to launch at startup:
>
> sudo port load mysql5-server"
>
> When I executed the command, I received the attached message.
>
> Will someone please help me?  I will report a bug, if necessary.<mysql error report.tiff>

The message in the attached screenshot reads "Error: Target org.macports.load returned: org.macports.mysql5: Already loaded". So there is no error, the mysql5-server plist is already loaded and the server should already be running. If you want to restart the mysqld server, you can "sudo port unload mysql5-server" and then, after a few moments, "sudo port load mysql5-server" again.

In the future, please just supply the text of the error messages, not an image of them.