failed to install db46 (for git-core)

Dennis C dcswest at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 08:43:35 PST 2010

Greetings;

Does anyone know of another way to fix this?  When I try it, it takes me to
a "Sign in with your Apple ID"
page and then to an "Apple Developer Registration" "Personal Profile" page
and finally "We are
experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later." "Please return
to the Member Center and try
again." and it seems to be a vicious cycle!

Thanks,

Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign <at> macports.org> writes:

> [...]
https://connect.apple.com/cgi-
bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa/wa/getSoftware?bundleID=20719>

> > OK.  But... what changed that made this necessary?  The build I did on
> > Wednesday didn't need it, but the rebuild of the machine on Friday
> > did.
>
> Apple's most recent security update prior to Mac OS X 10.6.5 (presumably
included in 10.6.5 also)
deletes a
> file that was previously part of the OS, and is now only part of that
development package. We don't
know why
> Apple made this change, only that db46 and a handful of other ports break
without it, so we detect
this and