No sound/audio in KDE4

Richard DeLaurell richard.delaurell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 04:47:07 PST 2010

I haven't been able to get the sound to work either.

All of the kdegames are silent.

If you do a "port search kde" you will see that all of the pertinent ports
for kde 3.5 say, "No KDE sound support" in the description, so sound was
obviously problematic with that version.

On the other hand, the kde 4 port descriptions do not say that.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me could tell us whether sound is *
supposed* to work in kde4 or not?

Richard

MacPorts 1.8.2
Darwin 9.8.0