No sound/audio in KDE4

Daniel Simon Daniel.Simon at itn.liu.se
Sun Feb 7 22:15:00 PST 2010

Glad to hear I'm not alone, but sorry to hear you're having trouble, too.

Amarok 2 (KDE's media player) is listed on MacPorts as part of the KDE4 packages.

So . . . sound MUST be supported in KDE4 if there's no not on Amarok saying "no sound", right?

I'm trying a fresh install using "port -d install qt4-mac +no_demos +no_examples" followed by "port -d install amarok".  I want to save a bit of time on the qt4-mac install.

Anyone else out there get Amarok to work?

I'll let you know if I have any luck.

/Daniel