"sudo port upgrade outdated" fills HDD

Sam Kuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Wed Feb 17 07:23:39 PST 2010

On 17 February 2010 14:59, Sam Kuper <sam.kuper at uclmail.net> wrote:

> The latter command has got as far as "---> Building boost" but seems now to
> be stuck there and is now simply eating hard drive space. I had 3.03GB free
> hard disk space when I ran the command, and now, 20 minutes later, have only
> 1.09GB free and this is decreasing by 0.01GB every few seconds.

I should clarify that for the majority of the 20 minutes mentioned (approx.
19 minutes), the command was stuck at "---> Building boost". After around 40
minutes, with a bit over 0.7GB of HDD space remaining, the command printed
the line "--->  Staging boost into destroot" to the Terminal. HDD space is,
however, continuing to decrease at about the same rate.