GnCash Documents & GnuCash problems

Dan Ports dports at ambulatoryclam.net
Thu Feb 18 14:30:37 PST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 09:20:58AM +0300, Jasper Frumau wrote:
> OK. Well on start-up of GnuCash I get an error pop-up saying:
>
> *An Error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for
> GnuCash. Some of your configuration settings might not work properly*.

The error messages you posted don't exactly match the ones I've seen,
but this is usually a problem with accessing dbus. Did you follow the
instructions when installing launchd to run:
  sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.freedesktop.dbus-system.plist
  launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist

Another possibility (which might only affect me): if you're running
gnucash within the "screen" program, it doesn't currently work; you
need to run it outside screen. (If you don't know what that means, it
doesn't affect you.)

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/