boost-lib install problem

Johannes Behr johannes.behr at igd.fraunhofer.de
Sat Feb 20 05:48:05 PST 2010

On 18 Feb 2010, at 10:30, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> You're not seeing the first error. Use the debug switch to see all output.
>>>
>>> sudo port -d install boos
>>
>> OK, I attached the output to this email. I still don't get it.
>
> The output you attached says:
>
> ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libbz2.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libz.dylib, file is not of required architecture
>
> So the bzip2 and zlib ports are not installed for the same architecture as that for which you are now trying to build boost.
>
> I'm guessing bzip2 and zlib are built for i386, since you set build_arch to i386 in macports.conf and I know they support changing build_arch because I've tested them myself, but that boost does not support changing build_arch and is therefore still trying to build for x86_64. A quick glance in the portfile shows that it doesn't use the standard configure phase (which is how ports automatically acquire support for changing build_arch) and searching the portfile for "arch" doesn't show any code that would cause the port to respect build_arch. So this should be filed as a bug in the boost port.

OK, i tried to understand the port config for boost and it seams you are right.
boost does not install  on build_arch=i386 systems.
I opened a ticket:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/23796

thanks for you help!
johannes

--------
Dr.-Ing. Johannes Behr	tel: +49-6151-155-510
Fraunhoferstr. 5			fax: +49-6151-155-196
D-64283 Darmstadt		skype: johannesbehr
Germany				web: www.igd.fhg.de/www/igd-a4/