Installing MacPorts on Darwin 8 PPC,

Fredrik starkbeats at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 16:39:33 PST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to install MacPorts on Darwin 8 for PPC, and have some questions about what kind of dependencies there are on a raw Darwin install for MacPorts to work. After running configure in MacPorts-1.8.1 it gets stuck on missing foundation implementation.

configure: WARNING: GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT is not defined in your environment, preventing the use of GNUstep's Foundation library
configure: error: Could not find a working Foundation implementation

I have had a quick look over at gnustep, but what is the bare minimum that I would need to install? And is it an absolute requirement for MacPorts to be installed?

Thanks