Pyraf question

David Nicholls david at mso.anu.edu.au
Fri Jan 1 05:24:13 PST 2010

David Nicholls wrote:
> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Dec 31, 2009, at 23:43, David Nicholls wrote:
>>
>>> I have prepared what I think might be a protfile, but since my
>>> ignorance is considerable, I don't know how correct it is.  I don't
>>> know what to call it nor where to send it.  Attached below. So I
>>> also logged a port request.
>>
>> Name the file "Portfile" (with no extension). To test it, put it
>> anywhere on your hard drive, open Terminal, "cd" to that directory,
>> and type "sudo port install" (without a port name). To submit your
>> portfile, attach it to the ticket you filed:
>>
>> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/23075
>>
>> Before submitting, test that "sudo port install" works on as many of
>> the supported OS / architecture combinations as possible (Mac OS X
>> 10.4 and up), that the software the port installs works, that "port
>> lint --nitpick" has no complaints, that "port deps" shows the correct
>> dependencies, that "port contents" shows all the files that should be
>> registered to the port, that "port livecheck" works, that the
>> universal build works (or is disabled using "universal_variant no"),
>> that selecting a different build_arch in macports.conf works (or if
>> that's not possible, override configure.build_arch in the portfile).
>> The Guide has many suggestions for portfile writing:
>>
>> http://guide.macports.org/
>>
>> So does the wiki:
>>
>> http://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes
>>
>> After you submit a portfile in a ticket, a committer may make further
>> changes before committing and advise you about future submissions.

Some progress: the pre-install tests work, but I suspect the port
install process is not going to let me configure:  The error message I
get is:
--------

sudo port install
--->  Computing dependencies for pyraf
--->  Configuring pyraf
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell
command " cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_dcnicholls_python_pyraf/work/pyraf-1.8.1"
&& ./configure --prefix=/opt/local " returned error 127
Command output: sh: ./configure: No such file or directory

-------

The /opt/local/var/macports... directory does exist, so I presume the
problem lies with the ./configure --prefix step

Or maybe it's because I'm trying to turn a stand-alone install tar.gz
file to work with Macports?

DN