php5-oracle

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Wed Jan 6 22:37:57 PST 2010

On Jan 6, 2010, at 9:51 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2010, at 23:36, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

>>> To turn MacPorts apache2 off, use
>>>
>>> sudo port unload apache2
>>>
>>> To turn it on, use
>>>
>>> sudo port load apache2
>>
>> Does this survive a reboot?
>>
>> I would have used launchd to stop both apaches and restart the one
>> I wanted.
>>
>> sudo launchd unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/
>> org.apache.httpd.plist
>> sudo launchd unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/
>> org.macports.apache2.plist
>> sudo launchd load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/
>> org.macports.apache2.plist
>

> Yes, it survives a reboot. "sudo port (load|unload) (port)" is an
> easier-to-remember synonym for "sudo launchctl (load|unload) -w /
> Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.(port).plist".
>
> If you're comfortable using launchctl to stop Apple's apache, feel
> free. It should be equivalent to clicking the appropriate Start/Stop
> button in the Sharing system preferences.

I'll try to remember the shorter port load|unload method. I've just
been used to using launchd from before I started migrating most things
I use to macports.
I've never liked typing those long paths so I wrote scripts to run
batches of them like ~/bin/reloadmailservices.sh which bounces
dovecot, postfix and mysql.

Thanks for sharing this shorter command.

// Brad