install wine on snowleopard : zlib checksum error

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at macports.org
Sat Jan 16 11:46:39 PST 2010

On Jan 16, 2010, at 11:23 AM, Asheen Levrai wrote:

> I tried installing wine on snow leopard at work following this tutorial :
> http://davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/
>
> I got this error message :
>
> sudo port install wine-devel
> Password:
> --->  Computing dependencies for wine-devel
> --->  Fetching zlib
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for zlib
> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for zlib-1.2.3.tar.bz2
> Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for zlib-1.2.3.tar.bz2
> Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for zlib-1.2.3.tar.bz2
> Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file checksums
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: fontconfig freetype zlib jpeg libxml2 libxslt mesa glut makedepend pkgconfig xorg-xproto xorg-dri2proto xorg-glproto xorg-libXfixes xorg-fixesproto xorg-libX11 groff xorg-bigreqsproto xorg-inputproto xorg-kbproto xorg-libXau xorg-libXdmcp xorg-util-macros xorg-xcmiscproto xorg-xextproto xorg-xf86bigfontproto xorg-xtrans xorg-libXi xorg-libXext xorg-libXmu xorg-libXt libtool xorg-libsm xorg-libice openssl xorg-libXcursor xorg-renderproto xrender xorg-libXinerama xorg-xineramaproto xorg-libXrandr xorg-randrproto xorg-libXxf86vm xorg-xf86vidmodeproto
> Before reporting a bug, first run the command again with the -d flag to get complete output.
>
> I tried:
>
> sudo port clean zlib
> sudo port install wine-devel
>
> but it returned the same error
>
> What can I do (I don't know how to use and/or compile sourcecode or wise things like that but I'm ready to learn if it is absolutely necessary in this case.)?

Please read the FAQ on checksum failures [1].

It just downloaded for me, so you probably have a corrupt download locally. You need to run the following:

	sudo port clean --all zlib
	sudo port install wine-devel

The "--all" is important because it deletes the archive, whereas only using "clean" will not.

[1] <http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#checksums>

Cheers!
Frank