Howto force i386 build on Snow Leopard / macports 1.8.2

Michael Hieb michael.hieb at celoso.net
Sun Jan 31 05:00:25 PST 2010

Can anyone give some guidance as to how to force macports to build openvpn
i386 executable only (and not x86_64) under Snow Leopard / macports 1.8.2
as this appears the only way to get the macport of openvpn to work at
present.

Details below and apologies for the duplicate post but I thought it may be
helpful if the subject contained the primary question I need help with.

Regards...