What the heck is this in my ~

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat Jul 10 15:50:36 PDT 2010

On Jul 10, 2010, at 3:03 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2010, at 16:42, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> I have my bash_history set to, among other things:
>>   export HISTCONTROL="ignoredups"
>>   export HISTSIZE=2500
>>
>> Here is a snip of the port commands I have used from a `grep -i port ~/.bash_history`
>>   $grep -i port ~/.bash_history
>>   port info smartmontools
>>   sudo port -d install smartmontools +universal
>>   port smartmontools
>>   port info smartmontools
>>   sudo port install smartmontools
>>   port contents --->  Computing dependencies for smartmontools
>
> Well, there you go: right there, you created the empty file "Computing" in whatever directory you were in when you ran that command (and received the error message "Error: contents does not accept ---").

Ok Mr. CSI :)
I may concede that "Computing" is possible from there:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/340087/drops/07.10.10/mp-c0f17eba-014445.png

But the rest, yes, they are MP's keywords, and they could have been on my clipboard.  Look at the dates, all the same time, so they would have been all in one paste.  Any estimations on how the rest of the files where made?  I can see how one was made, but I'm not getting how the entire string of them was made.

Good sleuthing to both of you, Brandon and Ryan.  Thanks!
Mystery solved enough that I'm happy, yet still curious.
--
Scott (* For off-list contact, replace talklists@ with scott@ *)