cputype problem on snow leopard

Anne Poupon anne at rezo.net
Thu Jul 22 01:25:32 PDT 2010

Dear all,

As advised, I have removed the psql in /usr/local, unfortunately this didn't
change the outcome !

I have also tried to install the packages on which postgres depends one
after the other. Some of them did go through, but some don't ! For example
when trying to install gettext, I have about the same error:

sh-3.2# port install gettext
--->  Computing dependencies for gettext
--->  Configuring gettext
Error: File /opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib contains unexpected architecture
cputype.
Error: This may be a bug in the archcheck portgroup.
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: unexpected architecture
Log for gettext is at:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_gettext/main.log
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

About the various tests you have suggested :

sh-3.2# /usr/bin/lipo -info /usr/lib/libz.dylib
Architectures in the fat file: /usr/lib/libz.dylib are: (cputype (16777223)
cpusubtype (3)) i386 ppc7400

sh-3.2# file /opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared
library x86_64

I have read the ticket you were talking about, but unlike this person, I
don't have an older snow tiger from which I can copy th lipo...

One last thing: it was not a migration, the computer came whith snow
leopard...

Thanks for your help !

Anne