selfupdate error

tome at QX.Net tome at QX.Net
Tue Jul 27 11:03:48 PDT 2010

Thanks!  I do not know why things are the way they are, but a 'which make' revealed '/opt/local/bin/make', which points to gmake in the same
location.  There was nothing in /usr/bin, so I created a link to '/opt/local/bin/make', and selfupdate ran fine.  There are too many moving parts to this
computer stuff, but sadly, all of them seem to be mine!
Best regards,
Tom

[snip]

[from attached logfile:]

> /bin/sh: line 3: make: command not found

Does "make" exist in /usr/bin? Do you have Xcode installed? If you don't, install Xcode 2.5. If you do, reinstall Xcode 2.5 :) making sure not to deselect
the command-line development option.