partial installs

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jul 29 11:44:27 PDT 2010

On Jul 29, 2010, at 13:41, Scott Haneda wrote:

> On Jul 29, 2010, at 10:43 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> If you don't remember what all dependencies were installed that you don't need anymore, you can use the port_cutleaves script (available by installing the port_cutleaves port), or possibly the leaves pseudoport (as in "port installed leaves" to see what MacPorts thinks are leaves, and if you agree, then "sudo port uninstall leaves", etc.).
>
> Hmm, after my little slip of the fingers with "sudo port uninstall leaves", I am having a hard time getting most of these ports back in.
>
> $sudo port install irssi
> --->  Computing dependencies for gettext
> --->  Configuring gettext
> Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: error copying "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_gettext/work/gettext-0.18.1.1" to "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_gettext/work/gettext-0.18.1.1-x86_64/gettext-0.18.1.1": file already exists
> Log for gettext is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_gettext/main.log
> Error: Problem while installing gettext
> Error: Unable to execute port: upgrade glib2 failed
> To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

It can't configure because it tried to configure before and failed. Clean gettext to continue:

> $sudo port clean gettext
> --->  Cleaning gettext
>
> $sudo port install irssi
> --->  Computing dependencies for gettext
> --->  Fetching gettext
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for gettext
> --->  Extracting gettext
> --->  Applying patches to gettext
> --->  Configuring gettext

> :info:configure dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib
> :info:configure   Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/gawk
> :info:configure   Reason: image not found

You have MacPorts gawk installed, which uses MacPorts gettext, which is apparently not installed. Uninstall MacPorts gawk for now to continue. You may find other small utilities in similar situations (e.g. sed, grep) for which you should do the same thing (uninstall them). These utilities may get reinstalled automatically during the course of your installations, hopefully in the right order (i.e. after gettext). If not, you can reinstall them yourself at the end.