Setting up Apache (was: Re: Still have MySQL problems that need to get solved soon)

Ali A Samii samii at me.com
Thu Jul 29 12:13:04 PDT 2010

For example, I set up a new site with a standard Joomla distribution (cp the latest joomla into the root directory, unzip the zip archive into directory "new_site" then start the joomla installation via the browser. At the end, it says that the file "configuration.php" is unwritable, and I have to manually edit that file.

And almost any file there is only editable via the command line or by opening it in BBEdit or TextWrangler and then inputing my password when saving.

Or, I can periodically go and do a recursive chmod 777. I had the same issue with the default apple user sites folder.