atlas depends on gcc43 *and* gcc44 ???

Adam Mercer ram at macports.org
Wed Jun 2 16:45:27 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 18:37, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

>> That was a while ago so maybe it's time we revisit this? With my
>> py25-numpy and py2{5,6}-scipy maintainers hat on I'd vote for a switch
>> to gcc44 as the default compiler for scientific ports.
>
> Great! Now we're getting somewhere. :)
>
> Before we go updating everything to gcc44, let's make sure gcc44 works everywhere we need it to.
>
> Do we have any thoughts on the ticket where gcc44 can't be built on Tiger Intel? Anybody else see that problem or is it only on my machine? Do we care about Tiger anymore?
>
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20753

I haven't had access to a Tiger machine for a while, plus it's no
longer supported by Apple...

> What about this ticket where gcc44 can't be built on (some?) Leopard machines? Anybody else see this problem?
>
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20635

I originally reported this ticket, but I successfully built gcc44 on
both an Intel and PPC Leopard machines earlier this week. Can't recall
when this started working for me, this one fell of my radar (probably
when I updated by main machine to Snow Leopard).

Cheers

Adam