Procedure for learning why a port was updated

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Jun 4 06:56:17 PDT 2010

Good morning,

I notived my `gawk` was out of date by one dot revision.  I issues port info gawk and got the current version, then did a trac search for "gawk 3.1.8", which takes me to the diff of the hash changed for the update.

Can someone walk me thought he steps that I would take to find out why ports are updated.  In this case, it is obvious, a new version.  But what about the previous update.  It may be 3.1.6, or or maybe some were skipped.

How to I get to a historical list in trac for a particular port.