Problems running Gimp with +quartz +no_x11

Axis Sivitz aosivitz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 13:09:45 PDT 2010

Ok, I've made some good progress.

First, I rebuilt everything using pango-devel (which is at version 1.27.1_0). That fixed the font rendering problems.
Then I loaded the dbus as a normal user. My mistake before was to load it as a root. (In case anyone else wants to follow my steps, the command is launchctl "load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist")

I'm left with a few errors, but I don't know how important or fixable they are.  The only problem I've noticed so far is that there is a noticeable pause at the end of the loading sequence, but I can live with that.

$ gimp
LibGimpModule-Message: Module '/opt/local/lib/gimp/2.0/modules/libdisplay-filter-lcms.so' load error: dlopen(/opt/local/lib/gimp/2.0/modules/libdisplay-filter-lcms.so, 10): Symbol not found: _CMFlattenProfile
  Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/gimp/2.0/modules/libdisplay-filter-lcms.so
  Expected in: flat namespace
 in /opt/local/lib/gimp/2.0/modules/libdisplay-filter-lcms.so

(gimp:26372): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_container_remove: assertion `GTK_IS_TOOLBAR (container) || widget->parent == GTK_WIDGET (container)' failed

(gimp:26372): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkHBox to a GtkFrame, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkFrame can only contain one widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type GtkHBox

(gimp:26372): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_pack: assertion `child->parent == NULL' failed

Thanks for the help!