Can't get it...

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 03:16:14 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 1:45 PM, noeldiego at gmail.com <noeldiego at gmail.com>wrote:

>   I managed to install macports 1.9.1 successfully on my snow leopard
> 10.6.4 (macbook pro). But i'm still getting the annoying message in
> terminal: "-sh: port: command not found". I'm new to macos and unix system.
> I really need help about how to get macports running on my mac, or help on
> how tow uninstall macports without the port command. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Port is probably not in your PATH yet. Instructions on how to add port to
your PATH is on that MacPorts help page here:
http://guide.macports.org/#installing.shell

my path:

$ echo $PATH
/opt/local/bin:opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin

has the proper path to port....

Cheers,

Jasper