Building time for qt4-mac

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 15 04:40:22 PDT 2010

On Mar 15, 2010, at 05:41, macports-users-owner at lists.macosforge.org wrote:

> From: Carsten Bessing <carsten at bessing.net>
> Date: March 15, 2010 05:41:02 CDT
> To: macports-users at lists.macosforge.org
> Subject: Building time for qt4-mac
>

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install digikam via MacPorts, but the process seems to stall while 'building qt4-mac' - unless this building alone is supposed to take over an hour.
>
> I'm on a MacBook Pro, 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 3 GB RAM, OS X 10.6.2.
>
> After well over an hour I interrupted the process and retried with the debug flag. I have attached the output, if anyone has the time to tell me if I'm just being impatient - or something is wrong.
>
> I'm new to this whole MacPorts thing, so any help would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carsten
> <QT4.pdf>

Your original post did not make it to the mailing list because it was 1MB in size, which is much too large to send to a group with this many subscribers.

You should simply retry the build. (It will continue where it left off, unless you cleaned it.) qt4-mac does take a very very very long time to build (hours on my similar MacBook Pro), and if I recall, about 6GB of disk space. You'll just have to be patient.