Apache, MySQL an PHP compatibility with OS X Server 10.6.2

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Thu Mar 18 20:06:01 PDT 2010

On Mar 18, 2010, at 11:36 AM, René Fournier wrote:

> Also, I wonder if I will still be able to use Server Admin to manage
> Web and MySQL, or will I have to do everything from Terminal (which
> I don't mind, actually). Has anyone got any advice on the best way
> to proceed?

As far as I know there is no OSXServer MySQL administration more then
turning mysql on and off so no great loss using macports mysql.

OSXServer's HTTP php module is an on or off proposition as well.

If you want OSXServer apache and Server Admin for configuring sites
but use php and mysql from macports this is easy enough.

Install macports php5 and mysql5 if you like. In Server Admin change
the path to the php module libphp.so to /opt/local/apache2/modules/
libphp5.so.
If your macports prefix  is not /opt/local then change the path to
where ever you install macports.

// Brad