MySQL error after Ports upgrade

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Tue May 4 06:22:58 PDT 2010

On 2010-05-04 , at 03:34 , Craig Hoffman wrote:

> I took this opportunity to upgrade to PHP 5.3 from 5.2.13 and perhaps learn a few things in the process.  Anyhow, the upgrade process ran fine.   PHP, MySQL and Apache came back online - all showing the correct versions.  All me PHP/MySQL sites work just fine.  PhpMyAdmin works.
>
> Apache outputs this:
>> Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8n DAV/2 PHP/5.3.2 Server at localhost Port 80
>
> Here's the really strange part, when I try to access a PHP script to show the install (<?php phpinfo(); ?>), Safari tells me  "Safari can’t open the page “http://localhost/~choffman/index.php” because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again."  Firefox wants to download the showphp.php (phpifo()) file.  Very odd.

OK - so if phpMyAdmin works what happens if you click on the link

	"Show PHP information"

that shows up on the right column of the main page? That runs the phpinfo() if you have configured it to do so.

What happens if you do

	php -i

from the command line?

Turn on full error reporting in PHP/Apache by making sure this is set in php.ini

	error_reporting = E_ALL

PHP 5.3 definitely causes some "amusement", depending on what/how your php is configured

face at mac:~:123 $ port installed *php*
  php5 @5.3.2_0+apache2+darwin_10+macosx+pear (active)
  php5-apc @3.1.3p1_2 (active)
  php5-calendar @5.3.2_0 (active)
  php5-curl @5.3.2_0 (active)