mpd setup issues

Ivan Kawaler ink_blot at att.net
Tue May 4 17:17:26 PDT 2010

I can't seem to get mpd to startup or create a database. I ran sudo
launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.mpd.plist
per the instructions during installation, but when I run mpd --create-
db, all I get is

db_file setting missing
Abort trap

I have tried following instructions on the mpd website, some message
boards, and the man pages, but it seems that each source has slightly
different instructions, and none seemed to work.  Are there any
instructions for setting up mpd for the MacPorts installation? Has
anyone else gotten it setup correctly?

Ivan