libSVM

Bobby kalamazoo+macportsusers at gmail.com
Tue May 18 08:09:15 PDT 2010

I'm attempting to install a package called libSVM on my mac, but it doesn't
go as described in the instructions. Could someone please tell me how to
know if it's been installed properly?

http://libsvm.darwinports.com/

My command history:

staff-roro-0:dports bobby$ pwd
/opt/local/bin/portslocation/dports

staff-roro-0:dports bobby$ sudo mkdir libsvm

staff-roro-0:dports bobby$ sudo port install libsvm
--->  Computing dependencies for libsvm
--->  Cleaning libsvm

I don't see all of the output as described at the link above.

Also, a concern is that after I installed darwin ports, I only saw a path up
to "/opt/local/bin". There were no additional folders, i.e. as the
instructions say: "/opt/local/bin/portslocation/dports".  Is this a problem?

Cheers,
Bobby