Autossh defaults to using system ssh

kevin beckford chiggsy at lazyweb.ca
Wed Nov 10 14:30:51 PST 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
> On 2010-11-10 22:20 , Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>> However - I think it's reasonable to use the ssh client installed by the OS rather than require the macports one to be installed.
>

> If I remember correctly, the MacPorts openssh does not offer to store
> passphrases in keychain. As they do not have identical features and
> Apple's version is better integrated, it would be okay to use that.

Well, that's a bit confusing, because I had macports ssh installed.
The build should have looked there first.  I shall open a ticket I
guess.  As for the integration with the OS

 /usr/bin/ssh -v
OpenSSH_5.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8l 5 Nov 2009

ssh -v
OpenSSH_5.6p1, OpenSSL 1.0.0a 1 Jun 2010

http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20100324.txt

This is why I want to always default to macports ssh.  OpenSS(H\L) is
critical.  I always want it to be up to date.  Nice work btw, ;)