gnome-subtitles

Luis Felipe Marzagao/Andamentos lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 13:15:00 PST 2010

Hello:

I'm a long time Fedora/Ubuntu user and completely new to Mac OS X and to
MacPorts.

I 'm interested to port/to see ported "gnome-subtitles"
(http://gnome-subtitles.sourceforge.net/about), a really nice and simple
subtitle editing/syncing program, to Snow Leopard, but I don't know
where to begin.

Well, actually, I've read the guide on MacPorts site, but I still have
some doubts and hope someone could help.

The program in question follows the standard configure, make and make
install method.

The dependencies are:

Mono >= 1.1 (mono to run, gmcs to build)
Gtk+ >= 2.12
Gtk-Sharp >= 2.12
Glade-Sharp >= 2.12
GConf-Sharp >= 2.12
GStreamer >= 0.10
GStreamer-Plugins-Base >= 0.10
GtkSpell >= 2.0
Enchant >= 1.3

I have noticed that *not* all of the dependencies already exist as ports.

So, is it possible to compile the program for OS X? Does it require
experienced software engineering skills? Any pointers would help.

Thansk a lot
Luis Felipe