Will binaries built in 10.6 still run in 10.5?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Oct 3 17:44:04 PDT 2010

On Oct 3, 2010, at 17:15, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> I noticed (by means of ps) that when ports builds something, I see this flag passed around: "-mmacosx-version-min=10.6" :-/  Am I in trouble?  I need the binaries to work on 10.5 too.

Then you need to set that in macports.conf. This was discussed here recently:

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2010-September/021880.html

Note that this won't necessarily work for all ports. The most reliable way to get software built that runs on e.g. 10.5 is to build it on 10.5.