Mailman/Postfix and the dreaded group mismatch

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Oct 8 01:32:00 PDT 2010

On 2010-10-07 20:08 , Bill Christensen wrote:
> Or do any of you know what to change on the Postfix end in order to
> "tweak the mail server to run the script as group '_mailman'?

I don't run my own mailman on Mac OS X, but didn't you configure your
master.cf to make postfix pass mails to mailman at all? That would also
be the location to configure the user and group.

>From the default Mac OS X postfix, /etc/postfix/master.cf:

mailman   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=FR user=list argv=/usr/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-mailman.py
  ${nexthop} ${user}

I guess you want user=_mailman:_mailman here.

Rainer