Problems w/ MacFUSE & SSHFS

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Thu Oct 21 03:40:02 PDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 01:21:42AM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> What we should change is the supported_archs, though; if it in fact only supports 32-bit architectures the port should so indicate.

It isn't that simple -- the kernel module doesn't build 64-bit, but all
the userspace components (the library and framework) do.

Setting supported_archs i386 implies that the userspace components need
to be built 32-bit, which is neither necessary nor desirable (it would
force dependent ports like sshfs to biuld 32-bit). And it would still
allow a 32-bit kext to be built for a 64-bit kernel, which isn't
useful.

If there's a way to indicate a kernel architecture requirement, I'm not
aware of it. Maybe we should check in a pre-fetch phase and error out?

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/