Order of the variants on the port command line matters/port bug?

C D macosx12345 at yahoo.fr
Fri Oct 22 13:29:50 PDT 2010

   Dear all,

 I thought the order of the variants was not  significant on the "port install"
command line. However, it turns out  that

sudo port install ocaml +labltk+profile

and

sudo port install ocaml +profile+labltk

do  not install the same thing (on an Intel i3 Mac running Mac OS 10.6 with
macports 1.9.1). The first version does not install the labltk variant,  only
the profile variant, while the second version installs both (as  expected).

[Starting state: ocaml +profile is installed and active; macports is configured
to use binary archives]
$ sudo port -vu install ocaml +lalbtk +profile
--->  Computing dependencies for ocaml.
--->  Cleaning ocaml
--->  Removing build directory for ocaml
$ sudo port -vu clean ocaml
--->  Cleaning ocaml
--->  Removing build directory for ocaml
$ sudo port -vu install ocaml +profile +labltk
--->  Computing dependencies for ocaml.
--->  Fetching archive for ocaml
--->  ocaml-3.12.0_0+labltk+profile.x86_64.tgz doesn't seem to exist in
/opt/local/var/macports/packages/darwin/x86_64
--->  Fetching ocaml
[...]

 To  me, this sounds like a bug in the port command itself, but might it be  due
to the Portfile of ocaml? Should I file a bug report against the  base system?

 Thank you!