How to get the configure command

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Sep 1 17:35:18 PDT 2010

I need to debug something in BIND9 with the DLZ variant.  Since MacPorts puts things in a prefix, the Mysql libs and includes are not where BIND wants to usually look.

According to the DLZ docs, you can use mysql_config --cflags and mysql_config --libs to find out where they are.  Of course, in MacPorts parlance, that is to have a 5 in the command name.

./configure would look something like this:
./configure  \
  --prefix=/usr/local/bind  \
  --disable-openssl-version-check \
  --with-dlz-mysql=yes

Where I believe that --with-dlz-mysql=yes would have a path in it.  The docs for the DLZ driver state this:

    You can specify the appropriate directory if it is not found by
    appending a path to the MySQL configure option. For example:
    --with-dlz-mysql=/path/to/files

I have tried a few different things.  First thing to note is that `sudo port install bind9 +dlz_mysql5` works just fine.  What I want to know is either how to get it to print out the final ./configure statement, or, how I would take the output from the mysql5_config commands above and use them in the ./configure statement?

I am trying to build this out on Mac OS X by hand, every time I do, it fails to build the drivers, because it can't find the supporting files.  However, MacPorts has no issue with it.  Do I need to set these as EXPORT's?

Thanks.
--
Scott (* For off-list contact, replace talklists@ with scott@ *)