Problem with port upgrade

Philip Neukom neukomp at profitanalytics.com
Thu Sep 16 10:52:14 PDT 2010

Hi.

I ran "sudo port -v upgrade outdated" today before I was going to
install a new package.

It gave out with the following error:

"Waiting for lock on
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_orc/work/.macports.orc.state
--->  Computing dependencies for orc.
--->  Installing orc @0.4.9_0
--->  Deactivating orc @0.4.7_0
--->  Activating orc @0.4.9_0
--->  Cleaning orc
--->  Removing build directory for orc
Error: Unable to upgrade port: can't create directory
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_readline":
file already exists
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>"

I don't know how to debug this.  Not sure how to report it either.
There isn't anything in the hotlist.

Any help is appreciated.

PS I'm on digest so it may take a while for me to reply.  Thanks.