Problem updating readline

Martin Pannier martin.pannier at mac.com
Thu Sep 16 13:27:29 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I tried to install the rb-rubygems port and saw that it depended, amongst other ports, on the readline port. I ran a port upgrade outdated to update readline (and subsequently tried to update it using port upgrade readline) but I keep getting this error message :

--->  Applying patches to readline
Error: Target org.macports.patch returned: Patch file readline61-001 is missing
Log for readline is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_readline/main.log
Error: Problem while installing readline
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

I hope I gave enough relevant information for someone to help me, and will gladly answer questions. I hope I haven’t misused this list, but if I can’t solve this problem I’ll probably end up uninstalling MacPorts and installing Homebrew instead.

Thanks !
Best,

--
Martin Pannier