Insufficient privileges?

John B Brown jbb at vcn.com
Thu Apr 28 18:43:59 PDT 2011

Dear Bradley,

	There is no root group on my machine, and I added myself to wheel group using
'Preferences.' I left the 'wheel' group sudoers lines untouched. I added my user
name to sudoers. "jbb     ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL"

	There is no tree '/Local' on my machine. sudo is in the same place. There is no
subtree labeled 'Default/Groups.' I use 'locate' for system search. What system
are you on? Mine is Snow Leopard;

  System Version:	Mac OS X 10.6.7 (10J869)
  Kernel Version:	Darwin 10.7.0

jbb at pinball:~
(3): % groups
staff com.apple.access_screensharing com.apple.sharepoint.group.1 _developer
_lpoperator _lpadmin _appserveradm admin _appserverusr localaccounts everyone wheel
jbb at pinball:~
(4): %

	Shalom,

	John B. Brown.
	[jbb at vcn.com]
	358 High Street,
	Buffalo, Wyoming
	82834

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include
the freedom to make mistakes"  Mahatma Gandhi
"There was never a good war, or a bad peace."
Benjamin Franklin
"I wonder whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on
or by imbeciles who really mean it."  Mark Twain

1-307-684-9068