Change prefix path

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Apr 30 08:58:13 PDT 2011

On Apr 30, 2011, at 03:55, Kraus Philipp wrote:

> I'm new with macports, but not new with OSX and Unox (Gentoo). I've installed macports under Leo and Snow Leopard. I would like to install the kcachegrind for visualize some valgrind logs. I have seen that I can configure the --prefix parameter under /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf
>
> Can I setup the path eg /opt/mymacports/ ? So that all tools, that are installed by port under this directory? The library path I would set with the environmantal variables. I would like to seperate the port binaries and all other system components.

As Daniel said, yes, you can change the prefix -- but not by editing macports.conf. (Thus I'm not sure why the prefix is even listed in macports.conf.) To change the prefix, you must build MacPorts from source and pass your desired prefix to the ./configure script.

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/InstallingMacPorts#InstallMacPortsfromsourcetoanypathexceptusrlocal

e.g.

./configure --prefix=/opt/mymacports --enable-readline
make
sudo make install