kde installation question

Monika Szulc fabki00 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:06:07 PDT 2011

Thank you guys for your help.
Neuroscope is a program written for Linux and I need to install it on a Mac,
that's why I need MacPorts.
I changed the ownership of .kde and it helped somewhat but now I have a
different problem. Not sure if I should open another thread.
When I try to start neuroscope I get these error messages:

DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Authentication Rejected, reason :
None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed
Could not load library! Trying exec....
kdeinit: Launched DCOPServer, pid = 2129 result = 0
---------------------------------
It looks like dcopserver is already running. If you are sure
that it is not already running, remove
/Users/adrianrodriguez-contreras/.DCOPserver_$USER-iMac-2.local__tmp_launch-s33VRA_org.x_0
and start dcopserver again.
Could not load library! Trying exec....
kdeinit: Launched KLauncher, pid = 2130 result = 0
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Authentication Rejected, reason :
None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed

If you could make some suggestion I would greatly appreciate it.

Monika