Error: Unable to open port: invalid command name "installs_libs"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 12 10:52:23 PDT 2011

Let's keep the discussion on the mailing list. Use "Reply All" when you reply.

On Aug 12, 2011, at 08:01, Andrew Todd wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> "installs_libs" is a new command in MacPorts 2.0. You'll need to "sudo port selfupdate" to this version. Depending on how many ports you have installed, this may take several hours, as your existing ports will need to be converted to a new format for MacPorts 2.0.
>
> I just started using MacPorts a couple of months ago. The thing is,
> "port selfupdate" doesn't work on my machine. I can't use rsync on
> this network, and for some reason selfupdate doesn't respect the fact
> that I've turned off rsync and point to a local filesystem mirror of
> the ports tree instead. (Is this fixed in 2.0?) What will happen if I
> use the MacPorts .dmg installer to upgrade? Or should I try to get the
> machine to an unfiltered network?

Correct, selfupdate always uses rsync. There is no setting to change this. MacPorts 2.0.x does not change this.

You can use the 2.0.1 .dmg installer to upgrade your MacPorts. This will not adversely affect any ports you have installed.

>> MacPorts 2.0.1 is the current version on all versions of Mac OS X that MacPorts runs on. (Tiger and up.)
>
> Odd, did the homepage just change, or is there some aggressive caching
> going on? I have been seeing "1.9.2" until I just now explicitly hit
> reload there.

We don't appear to cache the homepage at all on our end (it's being re-generated by PHP every time it's accessed) and we updated the homepage to list version 2.0.1 right after it came out, 10 days ago.

http://trac.macports.org/changeset/81594

And it had previously been updated to 2.0.0 when that version came out July 21.

http://trac.macports.org/changeset/80939